Thursday, February 17, 2011

New 52 – Givin’ it a try!

new52_badge

Here's something else I'm a bit late on the bandwagon. But I'm starting today. New 52 was started by Peppermint and Christine and the idea is (short version and how I interpret it) – to do something new every week to experience more, get a bit out of the normal routine, and maybe feel like you are slowing time down for a while.

I actually have two new things to blog about to start this project off with a bang. I'm blogging a bit about me. Last year, I said that I was going to try and blog more. And I think it didn't work because during the time I spend on the internet - I am at other sites, galleries, and forums - not at my own place. My new idea is trying Live Writer to see if I can work on more posts here and there. We'll see what happens. But I also plan to not get mad at myself when/if I don't make my goal.

I'm reading a new book now called Glamorous Powers by Susan Howarth - a book at first glance I never thought I'd read because it's about a monk, but it's great. I picked it up at a Barnes and Noble bargain books sale. There are some traumatizing moments, but I love the deep respect of religion and the main character's perspective - he's hilarious.

I also was thinking the other day, that when I first started digital scrapbooking, I was learning something new or experimenting with each layout. For whatever reason, time, speed, becoming familiar enough etc. I seem to have fallen out of this practice. I'm planning to restart and consciously try something new with at least one layout a week.
This layout - if you can believe it - is the first time I have tried the really small photos. (Yes - again late on the bandwagon). And I'm loving it! I like how some really special photos to me can be on the layout, but it's not all about them.

fdd_tdg_turtlebayresort600

Credits:
La La Land and Summer Breeze by the Design Girl
Fuss Free Don't Box Me In 2 by Fiddle Dee Dee Designs

Wow, with that post I've got three news, maybe I'm catching up with 2011! Here's to new 52!

No comments:

Post a Comment