Monday, February 20, 2012

London Layouts


To continue in my recent exploration of cleaner graphic style layouts – I created the following two layouts.
HK_CZ_type_queen_600
Visiting the Queen is based on a sketch by Cathy Zielske. And her thoughts on type.

Big Picture Classes


Big Ben is my own design.
HK_BigBen_600
These pages were a bit of a challenge because they have a lot of journaling! The font size is a little smaller than I usually go and there felt like there was more space to fill. But I really liked the bits that I added in my journaling to add to the story. I’m thinking about creating a lot of the pages from this trip that I took in May 2011 in this style. I’ve been having a hard time figuring out what kits I want to use, I want the photos in the forefront, and maybe it will help me to get more pages completed since there is not as much layering to move around and around on the page (although tweaking a lot of type elements still adds some drama!). I love how these look.

No comments:

Post a Comment