Thursday, July 14, 2011

Scrapping related goals 2011–Part 2

 

My second goal for this year. See part one here.

2. To spend less time organizing but be more efficient.

I'm using ACDSee right now and I do LOVE it - when I've tagged what I am looking for. Problem is - I go through phases of caring and making the time and then phases of feeling so time crunched and thinking I only have time to create my project or layout- and no time to organize which = GAPs in organizing.

Why does it take me so long to organize? One- I seem to like thinking about organizing more than doing it. And because I'm indecisive. Sometimes I find myself laughing - I mean I go back and forth and this takes me several minutes if not more to decide - should I file under T for The Lilypad or under L for lilypad. Once I've made that decision, I then encounter -The Digichick, forgetting I've already made a decision and then in my current mood make the opposite decision of what I had previously chosen. I have a really hard time choosing and then sticking with it without second guessing myself.

But on to my new step... This is a work in progress, I've just transferred all my digi kits to one central drive - before I had a combination on my computer and the full-to-the-brim drive. I'm going to try again with the small amounts at a time approach - this time focusing on the kits that I know I will want to find again ie CT designer kits and then moving on from there.

Here's a look at what I've got going on right now. To keep myself accountable, I'll post what this looks like in 2 weeks. (Thank you snipping tool for allowing me to create this screenshot.)

 

Sdrive_2011.07.12DigiscrapKits2011.07.12

Maybe later I'll post more about what is going on with my photos as well, but for now let's leave it at Lightroom, desperately behind in Finding Photo Freedom (and Library of Memories for that matter), recent trip with not only mine but 4 sets of photos to sort, still needing to import before 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment